An unusual sighting

I was just setting off from the house today to go shopping and a guy and his wife were getting out of their car in front of the local corner shop. I thought to myself I know that bloke but it took a second to think who it was. Then with a shock I realised it was Robert Bastow (Teenut). There's a picture of him here

with glasses on and arms folded in front of his Maalox and that was who I saw. Obviously not him but the resemblance was uncanny. It was unnerving. I never knew him, nor did most here, and it was what, five or so years ago but it took me quite aback and by the time I got to the supermarket my eyes were brimming and I had to sit in the car awhile.

I'm not sure why his passing affected so many so deeply or why it still should but clearly to me it still does. This is probably a bad thing but I'm not going to analyse it too deeply. Anyway it was weird.

I don't post on here anymore but I wanted to share this. I'll go again now.

-- Dave Baker

"Why," said Ford squatting down beside him and shivering, "are you lying face down in the dust?" "It's a very effective way of being wretched," said Marvin.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Dave,

Thanks for posting. Your account of "Teenut sighting" was a genuine tribute to his memory. RCM has never been quite the same since Teenut left us. Gentle reminders such as your's serve to keep the spirit and memory of Teenut alive.

Respectively,

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

As always, the brain is so great. Pattern recognition of a long time memory that brings fond recalls.

Thanks, Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Dave Baker wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn