Ancient Metal Working

I think this was posted here once before, but it's probably worth a revisit.

Reply to
Pete Snell

Interesting, however the assumptions by Mr Wright may be incorrect. I believe it's commonly understood in modern astronomy the first sighting of Mercury was in 1610 by Galileo. This belief, if true, would make the use of the device in question to predict the orbit of Mercury 1500 years earlier, unlikely. It seems Mr.Wright may have misinterpreted his facts.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

So, the Russians dig down 100 meters below Moscow and find something which appears to be crude copper wire. Their archeologists and scientists announce to the world that it proves that the telephone had been invented and used in Russia 1000 years ago.

The Americans dig 200 meters below New York City and discover some strands of glass which they claim proves that fiber optic data transmission had been invented and used in North America nearly 2000 years ago.

The Israelis dig 300 meters below Jerusalem and find.......absolutely nothing.

Their conclusion? Wireless voice and data links must have already been standard equipment there over 3,000 years ago.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to
David Brooks

Love it Jeff! That is the best one I've heard all week! :-)

Reply to
Don Stauffer