another step towards garage utopia!

Hey guys! Last summer I bought a mig welder, then some grinders, a chop saw, and today I bought an 80 cf oxy tank, a 40 cf acetylene tank, and a torch, tips, regulators, etc. kit. My garage is a teeth chattering 20 degrees, but I still welded up a cart with old bed frames, lawnmower wheels, and a couple of pieces of 16g sheet metal, walah! done! I posted two pics in the dropbox under "oxy-ace" pics. I'll "pretty" it up when it gets a bit warmer. The oxy-acetylene setup came in handy for punching holes in the bedframes to bolt the wheels on already! Thanks for everyones comments on what to get and what not to get, I think these tank sizes will work out perfect.

walt

Reply to
wallster

Hey Walt,

Pretty darn nice. Love to make stuff from "nothing".

A suggestion.... get a "tube" for the fire extinguisher to sit in so it can't swing around, and is REAL easy to get at. A tray is a great thing for gloves and other tips and soapstone markers and pencils and tape measure and ,and, and,. Oh!! except rags! And a water squirter bottle for the little flare-ups and a bit of cooling off. Actually a misted (not wet) area to work in, done by the judicious spray from the squirt bottle beforehand, helps keep the shop from having more "ambient light" than you planned.

And how the heck did my work-bench get in your picture?? (3.jpg)

Take care.

Brian Laws>Hey guys! Last summer I bought a mig welder, then some grinders, a

Reply to
Brian Lawson