Any experience with Unipol polishing bars?

I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to trad itional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can' t get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol

offers a huge select ion, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?

Reply to
lostfrom68jay

aditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and ca n't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol

a huge selection, bu t despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is clo sest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?

No experience with Unipol. But the red rouge you have been using is iron oxide and some sort of binder. The color is intrinsic to rouge. So you ought to be able to tell by the color. In the states , you could ask for the MSDS ( material safety data sheet. ) and it would say what the ingredients are. Maybe there is something similar there.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

aditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and ca n't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol

a huge selection, bu t despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is clo sest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?

Hi,

BTDT.

First: Save yourself from all that nasty hand buffing time and get a Vibratory Tumbler. Or two!

Second: "Red" rouge is called "Jewelers" rouge here. No cutting action at all. I have in the past, but would not again today, use it as you do for brass final coloring work.

Today I prefer the white compound bars on flannel buff to finish off my brass polishing. Perhaps a blue bar after that, but only for the finest finish work.

They have all types of polishing compound & buffs here:

Good luck.

Reply to
PCS

traditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol

a huge selection, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol? Why not just ask Unipol what they recommend, maybe these guys in Germany

David Billington