Any way to straighten 1/8" SCH 80 SS 304 pipe?

Hi, I have a 48" length of pipe NPT on both ends and am wondering if there is any way to straighten it out? The bends are of a small angle and can only be seen when rolled across a level surface. I need the pipe to be straight as possible.

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
(V)a++

For that size, it's probably barrel-straightening tech time, look down the bore, see where the kink is, locate it on a two-point anvil and whack it with a mallet. Repeat until happy with the results. Nothing fancy about it, just tedious. Look up how they did barrel- straightening in the old days for tips.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

If you have a little to waste on each end, I like to stretch small tubing to straighten it. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Wass

Thanks for all of the ideas guys. Jerry, I do have a little of waste. How is it done? I am more than likely have to bring it to a metal shop to have it fixed.

Thanks again, Matt

Reply to
(V)a++