Anyone familiar with Gorton "collets"?

Anyone familiar with this type of quick change tool holders?

Any pluses or minuses to them? They are not split collets, but actual
two screw end mill holders. that change in and out of the body of the
holder.
I happened to be in there today picking up a machine for a customer, and
looked over the work holders as there were no bidders on Ebay.. The
gal offered me two sets, one 30 taper, complete with the nut and a 40
taper unit missing the nut (they interchange nuts) along with a brand
new 1/2" 30 taper end mill holder. $40 for the lot.
There are a bunch of duplicate "collets" in the set, and the smallest I
think is 3/8".
Ahum...Id be happy to trade some of the duplicates for some smaller
sizes.
Of course I bought them. Duh. I have a similar set at home with arbors
for slitting saw blades, plus what may be another nut that will fit the
40 taper.
Btw..I have absolutely no need for the 40 taper setup. Trade? Sell?
Now Im out lunch money for the next 3 weeks..sigh.
Gunner
"As my father told me long ago, the objective is not to convince someone
with your arguments but to provide the arguments with which he later
convinces himself."
David Friedman
Reply to
Gunner