Anyone needs a military M105A2 trailer>

I won a great condition M105A2 trailer (judged by pictures, sight unseen but the wheels look inflated and it looked good). I bought it,
because it was cheap to me (really, I bought by accident) and has nice stake sides and top, which is what I want. I bid only for the sides and top.
I do not need the trailer itself. I can sell it very cheap, especially if you can pick up on short notice. I am not sure when I will get it becaue I need to get approval of EUC.
It looks somewhat like this.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/m105a2/hooch364/m101-2.jpg
I can take $250 for it.
You may need to do some military paperwork to get proper title.
I'm curious. Did you buy this directly from DRMO or did somebody else make the initial government purchase? Steve

I am the initial buyer. Prior to this, govt was the owner.
That's why I am filling out EUC paperwork (sucks big time). This EUC is done so that our enemies, like North Korea, cannot lay their hands on this beautiful trailer.

I was able to rescue the pictures from the govliquidation website. Here they are.
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/M105A2/
As you can see, it is in great condition.
The specs on it is 1.5 ton load, while driving under enemy fire in the jungles of Viet Nam.
As it is, it is too tall to be used with a pickup truck (good for a full size truck). You either need to make a tow bar adapter, or to get a new drop axle. I would recommend the latter, as that would also let you use regular electric brake that you can buy with the drop axle. The cost of that sort of axle is $200 from Dexter.
Again, stakes are not included in what I am selling -- I want the stakes.
Ignoramus4779 wrote:

Except for the mostly unreadable weight and dimension data plate...

The label sucks. I added some info to that webpage with NSN information. It is 166 inches long and 83 inches wide. I would guess that it weighs 1,700 lbs.
Ignoramus4779 wrote:

The plate and your data seem to indicate a coupler height range of 20 1/4" - 34 1/2", and a GVWR of ~4,700# which would make the trailer suitable for use with any full sized pickup.

Hm, that would be cool if true. I will see when I pick it up.
"Pete C." wrote:

RE: Brakes, the air-hydraulic drum brakes on the trailer should be able to be converted with the addition of a hydraulic brake actuator ($140 at Northern Tool), to provide self contained hydraulic surge braking and a normal 2" ball hitch, without any modifications to the existing axle or suspension.

This is pretty cool. I now wonder if I took the optimal approach to making my own trailer.
Ignoramus4779 wrote:

Multiple approaches, each has benefits / drawbacks.
I've not personally seen one of these trailers up close, so I'm making some educated assumptions on the brake system. Since your spec indicates air-hydraulic brakes, and from the pictures I don't see any sort of air brake cylinders on the axle, I'm assuming that the axle has hydraulic drum brakes and there is an air-over-hydraulic actuator buried under the trailer somewhere. The assumption is you can ditch the air-hydraulic actuator, and plumb the brakes to the noted $140 hydraulic brake actuator coupler, and of course mount the actuator coupler in place of the pintle / lunette eye.

Yours sits quite a bit lower, which I'm sure helps it tow better, especially with topheavy machine tools... --Glenn Lyford

Use a good photographic program such as Irfanview and work it up. Changing it to black and white often helps and increase contrast a bit.
Gunner
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:33:14 -0500, Ignoramus13544
Oh man...I wish I was closer!!!!
Gunner