Anywhere to buy air compressor tanks?

Grainger has ASME rated tanks. I bought one for work a few years ago when a crack came in the weld area of a compressor mount. I think a vertical tank/compressor unit is better due to having seen this occur on several horizontal units, I guess due to tank wall flex during pumping. $850 to have the tank welded and state certified for safe use in an industrial setting. The purchased tank was quite a bit cheaper. The plugs were removed from the original horizontal tanks, and the tanks were kept in place to provide motor/compressor mounts. The new tank was piped in downstream. This met state inspection criteria.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

This is very interesting. I always thought the welds on horizontal compressors were more trouble free because people wouldn't try to lift them from above. That is, you can put forklift forks on the bottom. But I can see the tank wall flexing more than the end cap. I'll have to think about this when I upgrade to an Eaton.

Reply to
AL