Application Example - VIDEO

I'm lazy today. Here is my most recent offering for discussion...

It should be viewable to anyone whether they use Facebook or not.

If you are on Facebook, send me a message with your e-mail so we can become (better) friends. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Very nice Joe.

Out of interest how do you label your drill heads?

They look very neat & don't appear to be decals/stickers.

Reply to
Brendon

On 8/23/2013 7:25 AM, Brendon wrote: > Very nice Joe. > > Out of interest how do you label your drill heads? > > They look very neat & don't appear to be decals/stickers.

The white lettering is painted on. The red is a warning sticker we order in bulk for this type of equipment.

...I'd guess both are either covered in crud or worn off shortly after delivery.

We also hard stamp the model number of the product into the case. This allows us to ID the exact design years later unless they have done extensive damage to the housing.

We had one guy destroy a very large head by hitting it with a hammer to "align it" properly...

By very large, I mean this:

(Not sure what happened, but I was typing and the message "sent" all by itself but has not shown up in my feed so...)

Anyhow, you can imagine the hammer he must have used.

It took us 1-2 weeks to rebuild it for him with a new housing and some replacement internal parts. In retrospect, I should have told him he needed a new device.

Thankfully, we only rebuild around one unit per month or so. They generally last quite a while or people simply buy new devices when their patterns change, etc. After 15 years, I figured there would be more coming back for repairs... Not the case so far.

I'm quoting a 400 lb. monster right now. I hope I get the order! That will make one heck of a photo / video opportunity.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Makes my mind whirl...and my wallet cringe a bit. I, more than a lot here, appreciate what your stuff does! I make up to half a million holes a day.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I can't see it. I see the initial still image, but when I click the start button, all I get is a white screen.

This has happened to me before, on other sites. I have all the last updates for Flash, etc., in Win7.

'Anyone have an idea what's happening here?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's a LOT of holes Tom... More than many, if not most of my customers.

As for the wallet comment - If it cringes with us, it'll run away screaming with the competition. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Try this one... Same video, different location:

Joe AutoDrill

Ah, that works. Thanks, Joe.

I still hope I can figure out why I'm getting those white screens on some sites.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, maybe you can answer the question that's been hanging 46 years: How many holes _does_ it take to fill the Albert Hall...? ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

I know what an operation that doesn't have to be revisited is worth. Once the initial investment is paid, the rest is black ink FOREVER! We had a Zagar 60-hole head that ran for 40 years without more that two major repairs. And, those probably could have been prevented with proper maintenance. I wonder how many holes it made in it's life?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Painted on? Are they silk screened?

They look top quality anyway.

Reply to
Brendon

Id strongly..strongly (no pun intended) recommend putting a couple lifting eyes on those big bastards. Those wee small handles arent going to be of much use.

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer." Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Zagar makes very impressive heads. No doubt about it. And to be honest, their 60 hole head likely cost less (but weighted 5X more!) than a 60 hole solution I might be able to offer.

The downside is trying to actually talk to someone there lately. I get a call a week saying, "We just can't get anyone to actually quote us" so I worry a bit about their future...

Good people there though. I've spoken to most, if not everyone there at one time or another.

We actually integrate their heads with our self feeding products when it makes more sense - Well, we did... I'm not sure I've had an inquiry answered by them in the past year or so via my customers, etc.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Hand stenciled by former newsgroup political activists who found the light and are paying for their sins, actually. :)

Thank you.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Indeed. We generally do when the load is more than 60-70 lbs. per "handle" - inspired by the old UPS guidelines that have long since been abandoned.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

We retired that head 10 years ago but I still remember having to sharpen

50 9/32" drills at a time. The other 10 were 9/64" and we just replaced them. Then those holes were filled with wire one hole at a time by eye. No it's all automated and production went up 1,200%
Reply to
Tom Gardner