AR15 evaluation

If you are out doing the ground squirrel thing, its a nice and relaxed shooting experience. However when hunting 2 legged game that tends to have friends...you try to minimize all the thinking stuff and rely on the KISS princible, so it doesnt f*ck you up, or slow you down.

Reply to
Gunner

I'll go check that cave out.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Is your email address here correct?

Reply to
cavelamb himself

your spouse.

If you have been arrested for a felony, or even most misdemeanors, your CCW is the first thing that gets yanked. It may only be temporary..but you will not be allowed to carry until its been adjudicated one way or another.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

It actually does work. I just have to look at it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Which is why I keep my '06 zeroed at 350 yards - with my normal loads that provides me with no more than a 3" vertical variance (plus or minus) out to about 450 yards.

After that, the drop accellerates and the kinetic energy diminishes rather rapidly.

Reply to
RAM³

Depending on the bullet and the velocity of course, with a 350 yrd zero, your point blank range should keep your round inside the COM out to about 625 yrds. The 175gr International type bullet at 2750fps has some legs and at 625 yrds, should still have more energy than a 44mag at the muzzle.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yabut the COM on small varmints is fairly small, thus the shorter distances...

Reply to
RAM³

Two legged varmints, or the 4 legged kind?

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 02:28:06 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

The W.C.Fields recipe: Children? Yes, love them...parboiled or fried.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Cartoon from WW2: Willy and Joe were asleep in a barn, Willie has his flashlight on a barn rat, Joe has aimed his 45. Caption: "Aim between the eyes, Joe, they some times charge when wounded."

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

4-leggers - Prarie Dog sized.

The 2-leggers aren't that much of a challenge except for shorter barrel lengths - under 8", for example.

BTW, I'm considering replacing my 40-year-old Weaver V9 [3x9 50mm] with one of these:

Reply to
RAM³

Look farther afield....

Too pricey? Might want to look at these....

You get what you pay for.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 01:36:23 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

No kidding, but I'd love one.

From that, this wisdom:

3 peaches: "Incoming fire always has the right of way." "Try to look unimportant to the enemy, they may be low on ammo." "A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
Reply to
Larry Jaques

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Larry Jaques wrote on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 05:49:45

-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Anything you do will draw fire. Even doing nothing.

... you forgot to duck.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I wish you would, and post a report.

I have a set of Barska 20X binocs. They work for me, but next to a pair of Nikons you can tell the difference in clarity.

Reply to
RB

Never worry about the bullet with your name on it.

The ones to be worried about are those addressed to "To whom it may concern"

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I posted some reviews of Barska scopes.

They didnt fare well.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

RB wrote in news:ggevgg$ji0$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp.motzarella.org:

I have a pair of their 25x-100x binocs that work fairly well for me.

That's the only reason that I'm considering a new scope.

The old Weaver V9 on my old Savage 110DL still lets me shoot the occasional

1-hole 100 yd. group with Winchester Factory rounds. (As long as the rounds are from the same lot the rifle is just as happy with any weight bullet as with any other.)
Reply to
RAM³

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch wrote on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:41:26 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

"I've got a bullet in here with your name on it. I'll just keep shooting till I find it" Caption for a painting of a grunt firing futuristic mini-gun. You know the sort, forty zillion rounds a minute, and you only have to reload twice a day ...

tschus pyotr