More about internet

I agree.

Also, we don't want to forget the value of multitasking. I recently logged to a manufacturer's website and bought a couple replacement parts for my drip irrigation system directly from them. Rather than drive to the local HW store, I used the time to do other more productive stuff.

Three days later, I have my parts at reasonable cost without spending a penny in gas or a minute more of my time.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:00:31 -0800, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

Please check your email for a multitasking caveat, Winnie.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I needed a new pump for the washing machine earlier this year. Most of the local guys wanted two to three times what I wanted to pay, one of whom even went so far as to refuse to tell me the stock number for the part. One local guy had it for a reasonable price, but he didn't get in until afternoon (and didn't tell me this before I went out of my way to go there one morning).

Went home and found the part on ebay, bought it for the lowest price anywhere, and received it five days later, along with a short handwritten note from the supplier thanking me for my business. I appreciated that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

FWIW, I've had very good results going to partsdirect.com for appliance parts.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

HAW! Indeed.

I used to look just like the guy in the first slide. Tis a pity when we let ourselves go...

--Winnie

Reply to
Winston