Bending Stainless Steel Tubing - Help

Hi,

I need some help bending an exhaust pipe. I think it's stainless, but not

100% sure. It's about 1.5" diameter and currently has about a 30 degree bend in it. I need to take out some of the bend to maybe 25 deg. Any ideas on how to do that or should I take it to a pro? TIA
Reply to
Eric

For a 5 degree bend, you can do it without a bender. Take a bit of wood. Cut a 1.5" diameter hole in it. Saw in half. This will now support the pipe when you bend it, so it's less likely to buckle. Clamp the other end down (also using a bit of wood with a hole in), and pull on the pipe to bend it straight.

You'll need to bend it a little past 25 gegrees, but not much.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Take it to a muffler shop and pay them $10 to bend it for you.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler