Bernzomatic flux coated brazing rod

I found an old white flux coated brass colored brazing rod that can wet
stainless steel, although I had to heat it to bright red and it wasn't very
liquid. The only info I can find on the web says that it's 'nickel silver'. Does
anyone know what the composition is likely to be?
Thanks
Mike
Reply to
Mike B

It is indeed..nickle silver brazing rod
Its a bit pricey when compared to most other brazing rods...but I keep some on hand for difficult braze jobs. I dont buy bernzomatic rod though....

etc etc
Its good stuff when you need to join disimilar metals or alloys together
And yeah..red hot is about right. !700F or there abouts.
Gunner
"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Reply to
Gunner
You can find these in the tool area in not only ACE but Tractor Supply, Home Depot and Lowes - and any real hardware / lumber yards.
Martin
Reply to
Martin Eastburn