Best Impact

I have used a lot of 1/2 inch impacts over the years, but never gone out and bought one. I'm now in the market for a new 1/2 inch one. My Remington finally got to the point that you have to oil it after every lug nut to keep it developing enough force to take one off, and my no-name died the same death a month or so ago. The Remington was given to me by a friend about 14 or 15 years ago used, and its done a lot of work so I may have it rebuilt. The generic, was given to me by somebody else, and it looks a lot lihe Harbor Freight ones, but it has some other name on it.

My dad has always had Chicago Pneumatics, and a couple shops I've been around have the Ingersol Rand impacts also. I do not think my dad has had to replace any of his CPs and I am leaning towards one as a replacement for my dead ones, but I was wondering if anybody here has beat on both brands and found one to be better than the other?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob

I had a cheap one for years, it struggled with lug nuts. About 7 years ago I bought an Ingersol Rand IR2132A. Composite body, light and powerful. I am very happy with this tool. $140 if I remember correctly. It had the highest torque rating I could find. There are are higher torque rated units available today. I have never used a CP

CarlBoyd

Reply to
Carl

Orchard Supply and Hardware just had their "How to" fair and they had coupon for an airtool set for $50. Normally $100. OSH local may have an extra coupon. Had a 3/8 rachet, Impact gun, 25' hose and something else.

Reply to
Calif Bill

Why don't you check to see if you can get a kit to rebuild the Remington? You probably just have some worn seals, replace those and you are good as new.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Bob

Visit some tire shops that move a lot of tires. See what brand they use. Maybe ask the shop manager what he likes.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Yeah, I have considered that, maybe as a backup.

Reply to
Bob La Londe