best used machining center

I realized I should ask this in a more general sense. I am looking to buy a used machining center for about $10k - preferably newer than

1990. I do only aluminum - slotting, 2d contouring, drilling and tapping. This is for prototyping and small production runs (< 50 pieces). I need 15 to 20 inch on the Y, and 25 - 30 inch on x. Could anyone give me a pro and con comparison of different machines, with some idea of what may be needed in repair costs (mechanical items - spindle bearings, linear ways) as well as controller programming comparisons as well as the best machinery dealers?
Reply to
WaltCarlM

A well asked question. If I were asking the same question, I'd search out a "good" machine tool salesperson and spend some time with him/her.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ace