biggest solid slug of metal?

How does that compared to the block for that ship engine that someone posted some time ago?

Reply to
Terry Collins

That ship engine block probably went together either two or four cylinders at a time. Even though I think I'm the one who posted it, I'm not exactly sure what the deal is. I do, however think that they have engine blocks that "stack" together to make 8, 10, 12, 14 cyl. models. etc.

Reply to
Joe

If you look here you will see that the "block" is bolted up out of modular sections:

Tom

Reply to
Tom

The largest ingot casting I have seen would rival the 350T casting, unfortunately it was the result of a ladle freezing solid, and it only lasted as long as it took for someone to get round to cutting it up.

Reply to
David Deuchar