Birthday Gloat

OK, I treated myself to a ReadyWelder II for my birthday, which is coming up. Got it yesterday. I ordered the 10000 ADP before I went back and read Ernie's very informative posts recommending the 10250. However, I wanted the ability to run from batteries as well (mostly for theoretical rather than practical considerations). I have a few farmer friends up here who may have cause to use it in the field, literally.

By the way, if you get ReadyWelder's twin lead quick connects, they are exactly an Anderson Power Products Type SB175 P/N 6239 G6, only with the Anderson name removed from the mold. See

. I could get that connector locally for $8.89 instead of Readywelder's $10, so they're not gouging too badly. On the other hand, Readywelder wanted $24 for the pigtail, which is a bit steep for 4' of 4 ga., 2 copper lugs, and the connector. Oh well, I got it anyway because I don't have the crimp tools. I'll modify the one that came with the kit to connect to my Miller Dynasty 200 DX, and reserve the spare for farmers with batteries. I also got the 20' extension.

The next morning after I ordered the welder, a taper attachment for my Delta 11" showed up on ebay with a "Buy it now", so I had to snag it. I've seen exactly three in the last four years. Two went too high for me, one was lost and withdrawn, then finally this one showed up. When it rains it pours.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Happy, happy! Aren't spoolguns pricey? I just have been going through this. I did find a Miller Spoolmatic 30A for $650 locally, new. Not the greatest deal but it gets me running aluminum!

GWE

Pete Keillor wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin