Blade Bearing Guides for Horizontal Band Saw

Are the bearings used as blade guides for horizontal band saws just
regular sealed bearings? I need to replace mine on my older Carolina
Band Saw. Any recommendations? Thanks, Steve
Reply to
Steve
As far as I know thats all they are. I replace ones on a machine at work before I retired and thy were simply off the shelf sealed bearings. My el cheapo harbor fright H/V saw also uses off the shelf sealed ball bearings. Look on the sides of th bearing for a number, and look that number up in a book with bearing design specs, and it will tell you exactly whats "special" if anything about them. Lots of good cross reference numbers and bearing info on the internet, and most industrial supliier wil have catalogs on bearing s they carry which also have a wealth of info on bearings besides the sizes they make.
Regards -- Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address http:// snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove nospam from email address
Reply to
Roy