Boatlift is in place and working

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/boatlift /
The last photo is at the lake.

How long will it be before someone comes along and tells you that you need a chain guard on that thing? If it's in view of the public I bet it won't be long. It's amazing that any of us survived out childhood during the '50s, according to all the current safety regs we all should have been cut to pieces by the age of 12.
Jeff Burke wrote:

I think someone just did (:
Great job in any case.

Oh no! Not me! I'd mount razor blades on the chain. :-)

Yup, he did good.

That wouldn't be "Minnesota Nice" any more than telling me to make my mechanism safe for fools who would trespass on my dock and try to operate it. That ain't how things work in these parts. Folks don't mess with other people's stuff.

Hoh, golly, ay tank Mr. Isdahl wass gonna get me one of dem from da Cities, yoo betcha. Odderwise, da guy in Starbuck offa 29 hass a buncha bikes I could get one offa, ya know.

looks very nice. I especially like how your (supposedly) mild steel parts like that bracket look so shiny after cleaning.
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:06:31 GMT, Ignoramus24559

Bead blasted and zinc plated. Lotsa zinc.
Don Foreman wrote: "It sure beats turning that big handwheel 45 turns every time I want to go fishin' for a little while!"
Now that you have that neat electric lift it's moot, but before, when you had to do the 45 turns, way didn't you just leave the boat in the water? Bob
Sano. I note the casual wiring exiting left. A motorcycle battery and alligator clips off camera perhaps? Some split loom (pick your favorite color) would go well here. JR Dweller in the cellar
Don Foreman wrote:

Connector that fits the electric trolling motor socket in the boat.

The motor is STILL yellow!
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:03:14 GMT, "Tom Gardner"

I wondered when you'd check in, Tom!

Beauty job! I'll have to send pix of my boat davit that I built on Lake Erie 20 some years ago. I painted it with Rustolium fish-oil primer and Emron. I can't believe the paint is still flawless.

Cheeessssshhhh, I can't believe after spraying Emron, that *you're* still flawless.... :) That was (could be) some nasty stuff (but I guess there's worse out there today). Ken.
<Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling)> wrote in message

No spray, BRUSH...didn't care about finish!
Yellow is ok if one wants - suspect it is a proto-type model being readied for finals.
I noticed the power - flying in the air - bound to be a power spec issue... :-)
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member http://lufkinced.com /
Tom Gardner wrote:

-
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:41:12 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"

The motor is yellow because that's how I found it. Finals? Stuff I build is "final" when it works, at least until there's some reason to change something. I rarely build more than 1 of anything, certainly never two or more exactly alike. Tom, if I ever need to paint the motor, IT WILL BE PURPLE!!!

12 volt power. JR North mentioned split loom. Good idea: there's now some of that in the "next trip to the lake" pile. The leads are twisted, but split loom would be better.
------- "Make no mistake, we're put on Earth to fart around." Kurt Vonnegut, "Mindquake"

Nice job Don. Need more projects like this on "metalworking".
Don,
WhatcanIsay ? Characteristically ingenious ! Supercallifragillisticexpiallidosious ! Hey, I can't even spell that - how about just plain "Cool" ?
Bob Swinney