Boatlift is in place and working

The last photo is at the lake.

Reply to
Don Foreman

How long will it be before someone comes along and tells you that you need a chain guard on that thing? If it's in view of the public I bet it won't be long. It's amazing that any of us survived out childhood during the '50s, according to all the current safety regs we all should have been cut to pieces by the age of

12.
Reply to
Jeff Burke

looks very nice. I especially like how your (supposedly) mild steel parts like that bracket look so shiny after cleaning.

Ignoramus24559

I think someone just did (:

Great job in any case.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Hoh, golly, ay tank Mr. Isdahl wass gonna get me one of dem from da Cities, yoo betcha. Odderwise, da guy in Starbuck offa 29 hass a buncha bikes I could get one offa, ya know.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Bead blasted and zinc plated. Lotsa zinc.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Oh no! Not me! I'd mount razor blades on the chain. :-)

Yup, he did good.

Reply to
Jeff Burke

Don Foreman wrote: "It sure beats turning that big handwheel 45 turns every time I want to go fishin' for a little while!"

Now that you have that neat electric lift it's moot, but before, when you had to do the 45 turns, way didn't you just leave the boat in the water? Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Reply to
JR North

Connector that fits the electric trolling motor socket in the boat.

Reply to
Don Foreman

That wouldn't be "Minnesota Nice" any more than telling me to make my mechanism safe for fools who would trespass on my dock and try to operate it. That ain't how things work in these parts. Folks don't mess with other people's stuff.

Reply to
Don Foreman

The motor is STILL yellow!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Nice job Don. Need more projects like this on "metalworking".

Bernd

I wondered when you'd check in, Tom!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Beauty job! I'll have to send pix of my boat davit that I built on Lake Erie 20 some years ago. I painted it with Rustolium fish-oil primer and Emron. I can't believe the paint is still flawless.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yellow is ok if one wants - suspect it is a proto-type model being readied for finals.

I noticed the power - flying in the air - bound to be a power spec issue... :-)

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Tom Gardner wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

The motor is yellow because that's how I found it. Finals? Stuff I build is "final" when it works, at least until there's some reason to change something. I rarely build more than 1 of anything, certainly never two or more exactly alike. Tom, if I ever need to paint the motor, IT WILL BE PURPLE!!!

12 volt power. JR North mentioned split loom. Good idea: there's now some of that in the "next trip to the lake" pile. The leads are twisted, but split loom would be better.

------- "Make no mistake, we're put on Earth to fart around." Kurt Vonnegut, "Mindquake"

Reply to
Don Foreman

Cheeessssshhhh, I can't believe after spraying Emron, that *you're* still flawless.... :) That was (could be) some nasty stuff (but I guess there's worse out there today). Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

No spray, BRUSH...didn't care about finish!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Don,

WhatcanIsay ? Characteristically ingenious ! Supercallifragillisticexpiallidosious ! Hey, I can't even spell that - how about just plain "Cool" ?

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney