Ping Gunner re microscope parts

Hi Gunner,

A chap called Adam Smith at the group uk.rec.models.engineering says that you have a stock of microscope parts. I was recently given three Watson "Service" microscopes, but they're all missing parts of the condenser assembly. I'd like to fix at least one of these microscopes. One is missing the diaphragm and filters, another is missing the diaphragm, filters and condenser lens, and the third is missing the whole condenser assembly, including the carriage and mirror. Do you have any spares for these microscopes? If so let me know and we may be able to agree a sale or trade for Stuff...

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Hello Chris.

I only have some weathered bits and pieces of various microscopes that came out of a PC board manufacturing company.

If you want Watson parts..contact Yavonne at

They have a HUGE selection of surplus bits and pieces and should be able to set you up properly

Company Name: RDY Sales, Inc. Company Address: 2954 Seaborg Avenue Ventura, CA 93003 Company Phone: 805-658-1331 Company Fax: 805-658-1049 Feedback: snipped-for-privacy@rdysales.com Orders Information: snipped-for-privacy@rdysales.com E-Account Information: snipped-for-privacy@rdysales.com New User Information: snipped-for-privacy@rdysales.com

They are also an Ebay seller.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks for the information Gunner. I'll drop them a line and see how much the parts will cost. If they're expensive I might try and sell the parts of the five incomplete microscopes that I have and buy one decent microscope with the money. I've seen one nice incident light microscope for sale which might actually be more useful to me than these transmitted light microscopes. Or I might just buy something else cool...

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

They also buy microscopes btw..you may be able to trade them on something you can use. I got my flex arm long travel Nikon inspection microscope (1.5-30x) and my Spencer microscope there.

Be sure to tell Yevonne that Gunner said hi! and to get you the Brotherinlaw discount.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

You know, I was just reminded of this. I mailed them over a month ago and haven't heard back...

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

If you are in the States call..if not..remind me and Ill call em for you.

Ask for Yavonne.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Don't worry about it, Gunner. I'm not especially in need of a transmitted light microscope, so I might part these out or trade for Stuff instead. I was just wondering if there was a cheap fix available, really, but I doubt there is.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy