Model differences

I have two casting models with a couple of new features and I want to subtract one model from the other to show the vendor the tool rework needed without recreating the features again.

What's the best way to go about this?

I've poked around some with no success.

(WF2)

Reply to
tad.wilkey

Assemble them together. Edit > Component Operations > Cut Out

Reply to
graminator

Perfect, I did eventually find that, and, it worked perfectly!

One note, is that it merely creates a feature within the model you had in your assembly. In my case this worked fine. I saved the file as a STEP and I had my info.

Thanks,

Reply to
tad.wilkey

On Jun 28, 9:43 am, graminator wrote: > On Jun 28, 9:49 am, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" > wrote: >

Perfect, I did eventually find that, and, it worked perfectly!

One note, is that it merely creates a feature within the model you had in your assembly. In my case this worked fine. I saved the file as a STEP and I had my info.

Thanks,

Of possible interest to anyone trying to compare parts, Pro/e offers a couple other techniques. The first is an Intersect part. It is ithe opposite of the subtract or cut out operation graminator mentioned. You start with the same two parts in an assembly, then you create a third part ('Insert>Component>Create') and from the list on the right, click the Intersect radio button. This produces a seperate part with the common volume of the two: another way of seeing where they are different is to see where they are the same.

A third way to compare parts is the more direct: 'Analysis>Compare Parts'. When you select 'By geometry' it paints the parts three different colors to show bigger, same and smaller. The scale range tells by how much. 'By feature' inventories the two parts by feature, showing whicy are the same or different and how, e.g., size, position, additional feature, missing feature. Both of these are quick, handy ways to compare without having to create an assembly and insert the parts. When you get used to using them, will probably tell you quickly exactly what you want to know about the two parts. Unfortunately, the color graph offers no way to save it although you can save the feature inventory/analysis.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes