What can I do with unneeded licenses

4 or 5 months ago, we hired an engineer that sold us on changing from Inventor to Pro-E. After spending over $20,000 in software and maintenance, the engineer quit, leaving us with a product that we are no longer interested in using. We reverted back to Inventor because that is the program the owner of the company is most familiar with. We are told that the Pro-E licenses and maintenance are transferrable. Where can I go to find anyone who may be interested in buying 3 licenses + Intralink?

Thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick Samuelson

You have a problem. Read the license agreement that came with the SW. You have NO legal rights to resell PTC products. That includes licenses that your company is no longer using.

The only way I have heard that licenses can be sold is if the whole company that owns the licenses is also sold.

I worked for a PTC top 10 customer and when the parent company sold off a division that used Pro/E, they were able to sell the licenses with the plant because of the way the license agreement was written between PTC and the company.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

You have a problem. Read the license agreement that came with the SW. You have NO legal rights to resell PTC products. That includes licenses that your company is no longer using.

The only way I have heard that licenses can be sold is if the whole company that owns the licenses is also sold.

I worked for a PTC top 10 customer and when the parent company sold off a division that used Pro/E, they were able to sell the licenses with the plant because of the way the license agreement was written between PTC and the company.

Reply to
David Janes

messagenews:VmAki.5446$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

IF the licenses could be LEGALLY transferred, I work for a company that is looking to purchase Pro-E. I would need to be certain it was legal.

Reply to
B.Reilly01