Book Sugestions on Fabrication Estimating and Layout

One of my students this quarter is looking for books to learn more about estimating and layout for contract bidding.

Any sugestions?

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Machinery's Handbook. There may only be 50 to 100 pages out of 2500, relevant to what your student is looking for, he should try and find a copy from the library and see if it's any use to him. I find the sections on Geometry and Welding quite useful.

Metal Trades Handbook (IPT publishing) A bit thin, but some useful information in a handy format. Again, your student should attempt to view a copy before purchasing.
I have looked, and books dealing specifically with the layout side of things are not common. If you come across any, please post the titles.

Reply to
Wayne Bengtsson