Boring head schematic

Help needed to find how the thread works in a boring head. I have made a head and it works fine but I only have a 3mm thread (0.5mm) per turn or

0.005/division) as the source of movement. Seeing is believing as they say and if I can view how it is done then I should be able to repeat it. I know that the threads are ground not turned and this is why I went for such a small thread to alliminate as much back lash as possible. Any help in finding this info would be much appreciated. The usual search has not found any diagrams or schematics.
Reply to
L & S Henderson

Possibly a differential thread ??? I've use the technique to get a very fine adjustment for squaring a table saw fence. ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick