Bought a nice shop cart today

http://69.20.5.106/2/x/lots/0000000336-%5B%5B000%5D%5D___.htm?1175825949812RESIZE What you see on top of it, is a Troyke DMT-18 rotary/cross slide table (which was not included, I lost my bid to someone else). However, since this DMT-18 is at least 300-400 lbs if not more, this must be a quite sturdy cart. It is 36x38" horizontally. It will hopefully solve a few shop problems at the same time. The cost is $25.

Ignoramus1197

http://69.20.5.106/2/x/lots/0000000336-%5B%5B000%5D%5D___.htm?1175825949812RESIZE>

Those carts are GOLD!!! Be carefull of: "Flat surface Syndrome".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

http://69.20.5.106/2/x/lots/0000000336-%5B%5B000%5D%5D___.htm?1175825949812RESIZE>

Aren't auctions great? I bought some carts that size a few years ago. I've loaded mine to about

4000 lbs. The one thing I wish they had was a brake. They tend to get mobile while I'm trying to move heavy stuff on them.
Reply to
Dave Lyon

http://69.20.5.106/2/x/lots/0000000336-%5B%5B000%5D%5D___.htm?1175825949812RESIZE>>

Yes... I lost approximately 90% of my bids.

This is amazing, I would never think of being able to load them to 4k lbs. I will bring it home today along with the rest of the stuff.

Ignoramus31599

http://69.20.5.106/2/x/lots/0000000336-%5B%5B000%5D%5D___.htm?1175825949812RESIZE> >>

Just for the record, I didn't say yours would hold that much! I bought mine from a mold shop. They are properly reinforced, and weigh about 400 lbs empty. Of course YMMV.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

http://69.20.5.106/2/x/lots/0000000336-%5B%5B000%5D%5D___.htm?1175825949812RESIZE>> >>

Dave, sure, I understand that, I will see how far mine can go. It also comes from a mold shop, as far as I understand.

Ignoramus31599

Let's see, you got a nice supply of graphite, and holders along with your table. Ya, I'd guess it was a mold shop. I'll bet your table will handle about anything you want to put on it.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

I hope so. Would be great to, say, put a diesel engine on it and work on the engine this way. Would be very comfortable. I worked with two engines last fall/winter (Cummins) and would have been a lot more comfortable with a cart like this.

Ignoramus31599

Dave... The cart exceeded all my expectations, it is extremely strongly made. I am going to throw away my Office Depot folding table and replace it with this cart. The top shelf is made with 1/4" steel sheet, the bottom shelf with 1/8" steel sheet. The casters are not ideal, though they work, I may replace them with 5"-6" casters. The welds holding the old casters would need to be ground away. I would say it weighs about 300 lbs. With better casters, it will move better and could take 2,000 lbs easily, in my estimation. Maybe more, I cannot say. I am very happy with it.

The cabinets are also very decent and very deep. if you are local (I forgot if you mentioned where you are) you could buy them from me for a discount to prevailing prices, whatever they are.

As far as graphite goes, it is a lot of pieces that look like they were never submerged in oil and frankly do not look "used", though I do not know what the telltale signs of having been "used" are. Maybe

200 lbs of various shaped pieces, mostly rectangular.

I also had to pick a lot of garbage and some lots were big disappointments.

Ignoramus31599