Foubd a huge cart on garbage today

This cart is all welded and is about 6-7 ft long. It is Very large (compare with the hand truck on one picture).

The reason why they junked it is that one wheel was stuck on its hub, which I fixed by taking it out and doing the usual thing (oiling, frreeing up, then applying marine grease with a grease gun, etc). It spins free now.

The kind of stuff that I could do with it is put a lathe on it or whatever of that size, like a big 8 cylinder inline diesel. It can probably carry 4k lbs easily.

Ignoramus32225

Nice find but I thought you were running out of room.

Being in a bit of a musing mood, how does one throw away a garbage can?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I will keep it in the bushes.

That's a good question!

Also, why do people drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Ignoramus32225

"Wes" wrote: (clip) Being in a bit of a musing mood, how does one throw away a garbage can? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Aren't garbage cans tapered, so they will nest? Just put the bad one inside the good one, and hope the garbage man is smart enough to figure out what you want him to do.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

It ain't easy! I had a metal garbage can with the bottom rusted completely out of it. Week 1, just tossed it on the curb, with the rest of the trash. When I got home it was still there. Week 2, I spray painted "toss me" in big letters on it, it was still there when I got home. Week 3, I took and smashed it flat as I could by jumping on it, damned near broke a leg doing it. When I got home it was gone! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Camilo Ramos

It is definitely not stainless, and it is way too big for a food service cart. It is chromed or nickel plated or some such. It is about

6' long. i
Reply to
Ignoramus32225

It looks like a stainless steel food service cart. Is it?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:48:23 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "SteveB" quickly quoth:

Yeah, stainless. The rust gave it away, Steve. ;) Looks nice, zerks and all. Knowledge and timber shouldn't be much used till they are seasoned. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nice find. Looks like you're becoming like me. I can't resist picking up trash if it looks useful or saleable, or even just interesting. When I lived in a big town, I thought I could actually make a living from it if I chose to.

Just a week or two ago I found some 1930s electric fire bells. Brass and red painted cast iron. Look almost like new. I might turn one into an alarm clock, as I suck at getting up. I'll post some pictures if people want to see.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Have you seen that alarm clock that starts ringing and then jumps off the nightstand and starts rolling around randomly on the floor? My wife almost bought one for me last Christmas, but I threatened to shoot it with a shotgun if it ever went off.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

If you ever shoot one, make sure film it for for us to see!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Thanks. Yep.

By the way, the cart on pictures looks smaller than it really is.

I doubt I could, but I am still a sucker for interesting trash. Once I picked a boat from my neighbors' trash (about 9 ft long). It was made of plastic and I fixed it up with a glue gun. It was filled with foam anyway, so the crack was not an immediate safety issue.

Count me as one of them!

Ignoramus32225

That's quite obnoxious, but funny, do you have a URL handy where I could look at one?

Ignoramus32225

Yeah. It's called "Clocky" and it's in the Sharper Image catalog, but it's also all around the Web:

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

My plan is to tie the lid on with a red ribbon and large bow, then put a sign on it " this is garbage" Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

It's a wonder that they saw the difference as that is pretty much how they used to leave mine after they dumped it in the truck. The truck hasn't stopped for my garbage for nearly a year now. The loader grabs the bag on the way by and swings it into the hopper. I have a corner lot, so the truck slows down to round the corner, and since there are only two of us (plus puppy), and I do recycle a lot, we seldom fill a

125 litre trash bag more than half full. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:33:58 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Christopher Tidy quickly quoth:

I can see those headlines now...

"Joisey Shootout Kills One" and "Man Indicted For Horologiacide; Sundial and Clepsydra to Testify"

-- We have to fight them daily, like fleas, those many small worries about the morrow, for they sap our energies. -- Etty Hillesum

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Now if they work on mains voltage you've got it made. This is what I threatened to do when Junior lived at home but had passed up my chance at the bell. I did find that a large hand full of ice cubes eight minutes after his alarm went off (snooze button = 9 minutes) worked wonders; after two applications, the snooze button was never used again (he slept in his birthday suit at the time - I don't know since he married). Now he has her car ready when she is ready to leave for work, then he goes in and gets half his days work done before he leaves the house. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I had one with two bells on top and the clapper between them. When it started to ring, it was a rather sedate dong dong dong but after ten seconds it cut loose with both barrels. First time it went off in the hunt camp, my uncle threatened to use it for target practice. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller