Someone got a good deal on this 25 HP compressor

Someone got it for $200, outbidding me by $50.

25 hp ingersoll rand compressor.

http://69.20.5.106/2/D/lots/0000001136-%5B%5B000%5D%5D___.htm?LOCALE=en_US&1256078030720&RESIZE# I was not too eager to bid due to size and hassle involved. Unfortunately my trailer is occupied by a milling machine in need of adjustments.

Ignoramus21294

A $1500 used compressor.

And yet the economy is great...right?

Gunner Asch

That's not still that Wells is it?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Yes, indeed it is.

Ignoramus21294

K-mart is closing some stores, too.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Check out this site:

Locations all over the country. Some absolute steals if you have any money to spend.

NO RESERVES

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"Steve W." wrote

So, how's all this hope and change working for us, folks?

Reply to
SteveB

"Pete C." wrote

I get around. Was in five states last week. In all, I saw LOTS of empty businesses, lots of houses for sale, even some with MAKE OFFER signs and that was the first time I have ever seen that on a real estate sign. Lots of what looks like absolutely new never occupied strip malls that were virtually empty. And I mean mall after mall after mall. Lots of large anchor stores for big shopping centers empty. Stores where I used to shop now gone. Tons of vehicles on street corners for sale. A garage sale at every other house. It's out there, even if it isn't in your hood yet. Just because you don't see it, don't be misled that it ain't there. I can't see the Statue of Liberty from my house in Utah, but I believe it when someone writes in and says it's there.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

It's still soft around here - the local Taco Bell is dragging their feet big-time doing a 'Two side walls and a slab' total remodel from the original Mission Walk-up design to the current large dining room plan, because while it's shut down they don't have to hire workers - Much cheaper to put up a sign referring you to the closest store that franchisee also owns.

It's been six months plus on a job that should have been totally done and occupied by now. I've seen restaurants go up on bare lots in three months, open in four - if they have all their shit together and ready, and all the equipment staged in a warehouse.

Vacancies are down a bit - but it's all "Pop-Up" stores for the Holidays, three to five month short-term leases. Halloween costumes and Christmas stores, Kay-Bee Toys trying out some new ideas, etc.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I didn't say it wasn't out there, indeed it is, but it is in specific areas and very well correlated with the political atmosphere in the states over the past decade and change.

Reply to
Pete C.

About as well as the mindless "faith" of the previous administration. If we can ever get back to a sane center there might be hope for change.

Reply to
Pete C.

Dubya don't look as dumb now, is that what I hear you say? This current guy makes Dubya look like Einstein.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You cannot seriously draw conclusions from these anecdotes posted on USENET. Some people and some areas are going to do worse and some would do better.

In the first quarter of 2009, GDP fell at the annual rate of 6.4 percent. In the second quarter, GDP fell at the annual rate of 0.7%, which is almost imperceptible.

That's a very substantial progress and I would not dismiss it just because someone is complaining that their local store is not hiring temporary workers.

Ignoramus31369

We actually had one between here and Bakersfield. I saw it..but never stopped in. Scissor lifts were going for less than $500..they had literally hundreds of them that came out of the metro areas.

I really really really need a 19' scissor lift....sigh

Anyone going to the Sacramento auction want to buy me one and trade it out for machinery..Im up for it.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Michigan and Indiana, then, would be exceptions.

Ignoramus31369

I didn't vote for Obummer, but I can assure you that California's woes do not in any way stem from 9 months of Obummer, they have been years in the making.

Reply to
Pete C.

No, that's not at all what I say. Dubya is/was as dumb as a rock, Obummer is considerably smarter and can actually put a coherent sentence together, but he is also way off base with some of his ideas as well as lacking focus.

Reply to
Pete C.

Michigan has been imploding for a decade at least. Indiana, well, I don't know much about there, so I can't say what their troubles stem from.

Reply to
Pete C.

GDP doesn't mean much when the products don't get sold or end up in the

5- $1.00 bin.

Uh that is NOT the local store, It is in the Wal~Mart news that the company sends out to employees and investors. I also get news about them through my stockholders packages as well (only have 800 shares in WM but I still watch what is going on)

The local stores have also not been hiring temps. Not just Wal~Mart but ALL of the stores. This time of year is when the malls and stores usually fill up with the one month wonder stores. They set up before Christmas and close down a week or two after new years. I don't see many of them either. You usually see 4-5 places opening just for Halloween and they are not around.

You talk about "badly run auctions" being the reason why prices were so low. The prices are low because there is very little money changing hands.

If you are so sure the economy is great why are you selling your equipment so cheap? Seems like a welder like that should sell for 400+ in good shape. Why are you telling others to sell for LOWER prices? If the economy is in good shape why lower the prices?

Reply to
Steve W.

Mainly by folks with the same ideas as the current bozo in chief. Same problem with all of New England.

Reply to
Steve W.