Boxes of Junk

Remember I posted a while back about my buddy making me take all the boxes and "drawers" of junk in order to get a vise and table. Well, I am in the process of rebuilding the Taig, and the lead bearings are bad on atleast one lead. (I'm just going with stock screws for now because I need to get it going to make a part.) I found a couple plastic tubes of bearings in those boxes of junk. The exact same bearings. Ok, not the same manufacturer, but. The ones coming out of the Taig say China on them, and the ones in the tubes say Singapore NMB on them. Same part number and they are same size to less than .001" Probably better, but I didn't think I needed a mic for that.

I have only used the vise a couple times, and I have yet to weld on the table, but the junk in those drawers and boxes have save me time and money atleast a dozen times. I can reassemble the Taig tomorrow and be cutting parts by the end of the day. Woo! Hoo!

I am a little disappointed that the Made in USA (Arizona to specific) Taig has Chinese bearings in it, but I as cheap as it is for as much work as I have gotten out of it I guess I can't complain to much.

Reply to
Bob La Londe