Brass all thread

The Chlorine dissolves the Zinc and then the left over copper is spongy. Spongy copper falls apart.
Think sinks that were brass - the brass stems that held the washer often
fractured and cracked and was replaced. The seats were replaceable.
Nowadays the new fangled sinks don't have washers. Such an easy life.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Dave, I can't do that wrote:

My local Lowe's carries stainless. [which is what i would use on a pool- I think the chlorine eats brass] I found out when I grabbed a couple pieces of threaded rod and nearly had a heart-attack when the girl rang it up.
The brass is only $7 at mcmaster.com - If you're stuck on brass they might be your best bet. [I usually find it quicker to order from them than wait until I remember to pick up something while I'm out.]
Jim
Bronze ? - Si-Bronze ?
Plastic ? Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
SteveB wrote:

www.mcmaster.com has 36" 316SS for $8.59 in 1/4-20, also brass ($10.14), silicon bronze ($49.74), titanium ($74.16), and monel ($81.25) :-). They have 24" pieces, too, but in fewer materials. A good place to check chemical compatibilities is: http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/chemcomp.asp Looks like bronze and 316SS beat brass for sodium hypochlorite (but your pool better not be anywhere near 20%-)) and salt water.
-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net (remove nospm or make the obvious changes before replying)