Bridgeport power drawbar

Cruising u tube I seen the bridgy power drawbar in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTiZi8HvtPc&feature=related
Thought it would interest Iggy and DoN
Karl

    Neat. But I find myself wondering whether he has removed the key in the R8 spindle -- since there was no fumbling to rotate the holder going into the spindle.
    And I would like to see the actual interface between the motor (an impact wrench, I think) and the top of the drawbar. It seemed to engage a lot more easily than I would have expected with the possibility of the hex at the top of the drawbar being out of phase with the hex socket on the impact wrench.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

You guys have never seen those before? They have been around in machine shops for nearly 20 yrs in one brand or another.
Gunner
--

"First Law of Leftist Debate

    [ ... ]

    But -- I've not been in a professional machine shop in that period -- at least not where I could watch things in such detail. The one at work had machines old enough so the closest to CNC was a pure NC machine -- no built-in computer. And I never saw that one running.
    But -- they did have a planer large enough so it would have carried my Mazda B2600i 3/4 ton pickup truck and planed it down to nothing -- if it still worked. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

The B2600 was a 3/4 ton? My B3000 was only half ton.
<G>
One of my customers still has a planer that they use reguarly.
Cool to watch.
Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate

    [ ... ]

    3/4 ton, 4WD, fuel injected IIRC, a pair of tiny fold-down seats behind the real seats -- for small people. :-)
    I used it to drive my Bridgeport BOSS-3 Series-I up the hill from the flatbed which brought it here. And that was spec'd to weigh 3300 lbs with all the copper and transformer iron added to the regular iron of the Series-I mill. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail