Got the Horizontal Mill up and running Part 2

WMV file. Check your volume..its loud..I missed fixing that when I uploaded the file. First video Ive ever done, oddly enough The shop fan (to the left of the screen) sounds like a freaking wind tunnel in the video.

The mill itself (and Id have reshot it without the fan if Id known) is actually pretty damned quiet. Video shows all the feeds running, x/w/z at the same time.

Last 11 or so pictures shows me blowing the dust out of the old girl. I only have one of the two drive belts in the machine..the other one popped in half earlier today when I put power to the machine. The remaining belt is like a piece of wood, and isnt going to last long. But..the last time the old girl was run, was over 20 yrs ago..so shrug..its not surprising. Simple belts, nothing fancy. Ill pick up a pair of them next time I get near a belt place. ACE hardware has em...common belt..but I dont pay 300% of normal cost unless I really really really need something.

Its Alive!!! Muwhahahahaha!

Now whats my next project? Humm....12x12 Spartan bandsaw...now wheres my rust buster........hummmmm..........

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Cool. How did I miss this before? Where's volume 1? Last I saw you where playing with a vertical mill.

I had a flash drive video camera, for some reason it didn't make it through the road trip. All I can think of is that someone kicked the travel bag or climate change.

You should see this horizontal mill that I just acquired, 6' bed. Can't wait to take it apart and put it back together.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Pictures!! Lets seem em!!! Btw...Ebay is one of the best sources for cheap digital cameras.

Im particuarly fond of the Olympus C3000 and C3030 and even the C4000 cameras, as they do Everything fairly well, and can be had for under $30 with shipping included. Media card up to 512 megabyte holds a shitload of pictures. And they are quite tough and rugged. They run fine on 4 AA rechargables and for quite a long time.

Example only

So what kind of mill is it? Tell us about it!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch