Bullseye level vial needed

Anyone have a source for the little acrylic bullseye level vials? I need one about 5/8" dia. (or less). I found some in the UK, but it is impractical to order due to £50 minimums and postage. The one I had came from a stick-on level kit for an electric drill body, but it was years ago and I have no idea where I bought it. Thanks.

Randal

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

I bought mine at Sears, about 20 years ago, but it's maybe 1-1/4" in diameter. They were in the hardware department with a lot of other levels. I use mine for leveling the target for my split-image transit, and for leveling a camera on a copy stand.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The 5/8" diameter is the deal killer. I've got some Starrett bullseye levels that I got from either MSC or McMaster Carr. Three screw mount flange on them, nice little levels, but they are probably 1 1/4" diameter.

Bill

Reply to
BillM

Like Ed mentioned, I got one from J&L in the UK, jlindustrial.co.uk IIRC, a few years ago but it's about 1.25" in diameter. Maybe they do others. A quick look and they do many sizes but not cheap, but lower than £50. What sources have you looked at in the UK so far. The one I got doesn't appear on J&L anymore but it was farily cheap.

I you look at ebay there are a number of small levels for cameras, just search for bubble levels, about £3. Would they do?.

Randal O'Brian wrote:

Reply to
David Billington

Check out the RV stores. The one I used for leveling is long gone so I can't verify the size. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Hey Randall,

Try a place that sells R/V trailers.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Mcmaster had one that will work. Thanks to all.

Randal

Reply to
Randal O'Brian