Bullshit by the numbers

At one point they were wearing mechanically aged (stone washed) Levis. I think you're still not ineffably cool if your pants don't come from the store ripped up.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Real cowboys wear Wrangler jeans and whatever shirt is at hand.

Everyone else wears Levis.

Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Uh, Gunner? Ladies don't have nuts! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

AND at $80 a pair! Just trying welding with frayed jeans...........................

Hmmmmmmmm.

I smell something burning ..................

OH, SHIT! IT'S ME!

slap, slap, slap, dance, dance, dance, pat, pat, pat ..................

You never see a professional welder with frayed jeans. At least not after the first morning break. Them boys who make the good money may wear a cowboy belt, boots, and cowboy hat until they fall apart, but their Levis and shirts are always pretty new. Those pretty little welding hats, too.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

that's funny. that was my FIRST welding lesson in high school (1976ish) kinda a "hippy" kid, frayed bib overalls, welding, smelling something burning, "IT'S ME!!!" slap slap dance dance pat pat, just like you said. never wore clothes w/ frays again while welding.

b.w.

(i saw that commercial last night. even my mother commented on it (that it was bogus)(and she's not an engineer). i laughed out loud. told her about this thread.)

Reply to
William Wixon

That makes me feel good. There is hope. Not everyone is just believing all they see and hear. Now if we could just apply that to ................

oh, never mind ..........

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

OK, one of you two owes me a new keyboard.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Bullshit. Some do. The ones that do just carry them a little higher, and buried a little deeper.

And I got lots of proof - a whole generation used to answer to both their given name and "Rosie the Riveter". Knew one rather personally, and the one thing you Did Not Do (that is if you wanted to live to tell about it) was back her into a corner...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Not exactly what you would call a 'Lady".

Hell, I had a girlfreind in high school who drove her daddy's wrecker. You COULDN'T back her into a corner. She had a tow hook, and she knew how to use it. :)

OTOH, she waent on to become an LPN, and was a very nice woman. You just didn't want to bring out her other side. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:40:13 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, technomaNge quickly quoth:

Where's your Boy Scoutiness, sir? For next time:

that puppy with a keyboard condom!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mean that you don't have a couple hundred spare keyboards? Or over 100 spare computer mice?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Actually, I do have some spare computer parts I am not using. If your address is valid, look for a mail from ohb (old-hippy-bastard) using bellsouth.net

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

It's good, and I've replied. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'll box up some stuff this coming week and let you know via email.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Thanks. BTW, if you have any duplicate, or unwanted driver or restore CDROMs, I'm trying to update my library.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Given Microsloths remarkable angst at people using non registered versions of Winblows, have you considered preloading your boxes with simple versions of Linux?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I have been cleaning out all personal data by hand, and replacing damaged files. The product key on the drive matches that on the case. The people who get these old computers have no idea what Linux is, and I haven't been able to persuade even one of them to take a Linux computer.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell