Burroughs Machinery Plasma Cutter

Has anybody had anyexperience with this brand of Plasma Cutter? I've got a customer who has one and it's broken. I'm looking for an alternative to going straight to the Burroughs folks.

Matt

Reply to
mraymus

No experience on this item - Call the people who's name is on the label (in your case Burroughs) and ask - phone calls are cheap.

A lot of times, if you see an odd name, they contracted with a big manufacturer to put a private name on a mass produced product.

Sears does not build power or hand tools, they contract it out to big tool houses like Snap-on, Stanley, Wen, and Skil/Bosch, and have the Sears name put on it.

Once you decode who really made the tool (and the model number) finding parts and supplies becomes infinitely easier. The cross lists won't list consumables for a Burroughs Plasma Cutter, but they will for (let's say) Miller.

I have a "Texas Instruments TI-99-4A Impact Printer" that's really an Epson MX-80. You ask for a ribbon for an Epson, NOT a TI, they aren't on the lists.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman