Can a skid steer be used to level a gravel road

Thanks. My house is pretty dusty. I should get one of those.

Reply to
micky

I haven't read all the replies, but here is my take..............

First you need to clean up the side of the building and bring in dirt to raise that part next to the building so water will be shunned away from the building and onto the drive, then out to where it is suppose to run to (ditch or sewer). After building up the area next to the building, then the drive can be sloped away from the building. This will help in future potholes. Nothing will stop potholes entirely other than paving.

Building up the drive and not the area next to the building will only mean more water into the building. You have to give the water a path, that is lower than the building.

The skidster in th epic is plenty big enough to do the job you want done.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

you dont want to raise ground level higher than the bottom of the buildings sill or risk rotting out the buildings sill

Reply to
bob haller

If you look at the pic, it appears to be all masonry. There is no sill plate.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Brick and block building, Bob, which may have some wood framing in the office area. There should be weep holes in the exterior brick, one course lower than finish floor to allow moisture out of the wall. Exterior grade should begin at or below the bottom of the weeps and drop

1/2" per foot for the first 10' according to code. This is often not done - I don't know why as it should be. Ig needs to get the water away from the building whether it goes to a drywell, an evaporation detention pond, or pipes to daylight or storm. The cheap things to do are to arrange surface drainage away from the building.
Reply to
DanG