Can I make a trailer out of this?

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 03:34:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Winston quickly quoth:

But for the fact that it was posted for the benefit of a known troll? (Yes, I know, it still contains good info, but it's sad.)

-- Save the whales! Trade them for valuable prizes.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Okay, make that "One and a half'ed", then.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Sometimes a delivered load is not what a guy needs. I have a piece of property with a 1,000 foot long farm path, and I load my trailer with base so I can pull it right to the individual pothole and literally rake the material off into the hole in just the right amount. I can buy a half ton of base for $15, and the rockyard is only 3 miles from the path. Also a scoop load of gravel with a full size front end loader will weigh about 4,000-5,000 lbs, or at least that's what the guys at the yard tell me. I use a 4 X 8 utility trailer and get about 1/4 scoop. It's not weighed for small amounts. They wait on me to tell them when I think It's full enough. (tire squat method) It's cheaper by the truckload, but not as convenient to spread over a wide area of use in small patches. If you have a non suspension trailer, you better pull a load of gravel REAL slowly. The road pounding will bend your axle.

Reply to
Backlash

I would. Unless you plan to cap the ends of the pipe, you won't like fighting wasps to claim your trailer for use.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

I consider a troll as someone seeking to disrupt by drawing a negative emotional response out of other posters. So what if Stryped is really a troll in general? In this particular instance, I bet you that newbie types are learning something constructive by reading this thread. Remember, a lot of people lurk and learn, but never post. The only people who got emotional were the troll labelers. A troll is a troll only if they disrupt the purpose of the particular thread, which as I understand it, is to share practical information, and to learn from it. Anyone who is not learning from this thread, raise your hand. The trollphobics are among this group of raised hands.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash