Can I use a stock SIGNAL GENERATOR to drive an H bridge?

Anyone who could answer this question has read the specsheet. Why can't you?

Reply to
Don Foreman

I have it on paper, in front of me. There are specifications of levels and such, but not a description of what it does. I will check it some more.

Ignoramus965

Having it in front of you doesn't help unless you read it, which admittedly takes time than it does to post another question. There are sections in the datasheet entitled:

"Description" "Typical Connection" "Functional block diagram"

Reply to
Don Foreman

This has to be a troll. Congratulations, i, ya got me and us for a while.

Reply to
Don Foreman

No troll, just the new head of FEMA !!!!

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

I would disrecommend an H-bridge - the workpiece has to be grounded to ground, or you run a risk of serious injury.

I'd be very surprised if you could design and build a circuit that would turn your DC welder into an AC one, for less money than you can just go buy an AC welder.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I testify to that. I have even managed to make a plastic to-92 package explode. Driven a power FET into thermal runaway and destroy it. and fried more IC's with electrostatic damage than i could count.

Reply to
JosephKK

Actually you might try to make a micro-arc-welder before scaling the power up much. The load properties of an arc-welder includes almost all of the worst case load characteristics, including open circuit, short circuit, very high harmonic contents, wildly variable load impedances, and negative resistance slopes. protect and oversize your components zealously.

Reply to
JosephKK