Carriage Lock on Clausing 6903

I tried to get an answer to this on the Clausing Yahoo! list but there was no response. So I'll just put it out to the ng and see if any of you guys know the answer.

Someone (no, not me, I don't know who. It was like that when I bought it two weeks ago) backed the carriage lock screw all the way out of the lock piece in the carriage of my 6903. For the life of me I cannot get the little bugger back in.

I'm not even sure I have the orientation right though it looks like it goes only one way. But I've had no luck with it so far. To tell the truth, I don't even know that it's the right part. I suspect it is the correct one because it was flopping around in the carriage and the lock bolt fits it but who knows? Any help would be appreciated.

Pictures of the screw and lock can be seen at:

I assume it threads down into the block like is shown in the second picture but I don't know that for sure. I know I tried every iteration I can think of and it hasn't fit correctly so far.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riggins