Chain saw chain sharpening

$30!! If I didn't have a bunch of diamond bits for my Dremel, I'd buy the HF grinder just to see how well it works.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Just divide a right angle into 3 to get you a decent 30 degree visual and buy a box of files sized for the chain you use.

You will appreciate a few minutes to rest and allow the saw to cool before topping off the fuel and bar oil while you file.

The best tip is to look at a chain that is fresh from the box and replicate what you see.

Keep the damn thing out of the dirt it's not a skinny rototiller!

Reply to
beecrofter

These enforced breaks may keep you from getting tired and careless too.

The simple way to lift logs:

can also use it to turn a tree that fell against another one and maybe roll it free.

It doesn't lift them very high and my back won't take bending over for too long, so I bring a folding tripod made of chain link fence posts and a lever-type chain lift to raise the logs to waist level and lower them onto sawbucks.

It's sooo much easier to trim off all the branches, find and remove nails, and saw the log to length using a clip-on guide when it's up at a convenient height.

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Round chainsaw file.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And a smooth flat file for the depth gages, every third touch-up of the cutters.

Pete Stanaitis

Storm> Round chainsaw file.

Reply to
spaco