OT: Driving on ice

98% OF AMERICANS SAY "OH SHIT" BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH ON A SLIPPERY ROAD.
THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM OHIO, AND THEY SAY:
"HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!"

That's great, Tom. I love it!
Chris

That's not what I've witnessed in Ohio.
--
Anthony

You misspelled "Kentucky"...
--
Regards,
Around here (Minnesota) any snowstorm on the weekend will have mostly SUV's parked in the snowbanks. Words spoken just before doing a 180 in the snowbank are "Don't worry, I have 4wd".
Tom Gardner wrote:

In CO, the SUVs do an axial 180, maybe a 540, end up rubber side up. Had some nifty pictures from I25 just a day ago, 5 upside down in the median within 100 yards of each other. Similar thoughts, "I've got 4wd, I CAN GO ANYWHERE!" "Anywhere" includes off a cliff, not to be found until spring thaw, maybe a couple of years later. Bears are happy, though, lunch is waiting in the can when they wake up!
Stan

Ohio? Come on, those are the single most common Last Words in the state of Texas.

I think it was Pat McManus who said the most common words after those are "anybody see a place to hook the winch?"

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:49:09 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes

Then you'd have all those uneddikated folks putting 6,000 Airstreams behind their Yugos and Geos. Be careful what you wish for, Wes.
-- Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it. -- Anonymous
<snip>

Larry has always HAD something to "pull on"!
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:48:57 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom

You betcha! And I thank the gods for ambidexterity, too, Tawm.
-- Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it. -- Anonymous

Has your state DOT figured out that salt trucks are not a substitute for snow plows yet?
Wes
Wes wrote:

???????????? I grew up in Ohio in the '60s and saw lots of snow plows. Usually mounted on the front of the county, city or township dump trucks.
prove it.
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:57:55 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

They used plows in town up here in the sixties too. Now belly salters turn the snow to slippery slop before the plows get around to spraying it all over everything.
They still have to move it eventually, I wish they didn't slop it all up with salt first.

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:01:01 -0500, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

At least they should be honest about it:
The County Salt Trucks should have a bumper sticker saying it's "Sponsored by (Insert local car dealer name here) - When your car turns to dust, come see us for a new one!"
--<< Bruce >>--
"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote:

I haven't seen a salt truck in 20 years! ;-)
prove it.

Heh! You obviously don't live in the Salt Lake Valley! ;-)
Harold
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

If you had read my sig, you'd see WHERE I live, now.
prove it.

I'd noticed, Michael. Just commenting that salt is no stranger to those folks. Care to venture a guess where they get it? (Hint: One of the features of Utah seen on a map is the Great Salt Lake).
Harold