They used plows in town up here in the sixties too. Now belly salters turn the snow to slippery slop before the plows get around to spraying it all over everything.

They still have to move it eventually, I wish they didn't slop it all up with salt first.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

At least they should be honest about it:

The County Salt Trucks should have a bumper sticker saying it's "Sponsored by (Insert local car dealer name here) - When your car turns to dust, come see us for a new one!"

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Good one.

On a more serious note, we just totaled our ride during the storm four days ago. I'm sore but otherwise OK. My SO is just fine. "The Kid" drove seven hours straight to pick us up and then another sixteen hours to deliver us to our destination with all the belongings.

Man, it sure has made me realize again how fragile we all are and how little time we could have left on the top side of the grass.

We're spending the weekend looking for new wheels. Looks like it will be an '07 1/2 ton chevy 4x4 pick up.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Ow! I'm glad to hear you're o.k.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Likewise. Be careful out there, folks.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I haven't seen a salt truck in 20 years! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
RoyJ

Heh! You obviously don't live in the Salt Lake Valley! ;-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

If you had read my sig, you'd see WHERE I live, now.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It has been said that a happy Finn is one sitting in his sauna contemplating his funeral.

Hoh, golly, glad it turned out OK this time, you betcha!

Based on transit times for The Kid, I'd guess that a wish for good fishin' might be in order.

Today it was warm and sunny in MN, tulips got confused and started to emerge. NOT!!! Doorlocks froze again on Mary's car, welcome to winter in MN and it ain't even cold yet. Single digits on the bank display conserve energy. Lighting up the minus takes more energy, but it doesn't seem to warm things up much.

Ford does not understand crisp weather. A shot of isopropyl popped 'em, no problem. Don't need the hot key until it gets chilly.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Wonder if they've changed this:

Ole took Lena up on da skyline drife to see da lights on Dulut' harbor, and maybe neck a little if she might wanna or anyting, ya know.

Lena kinda liked it, said "Oooh, Ole, kiss me where it's smelly"

So he drove to Cloquet.

Ed note: Cloquet is a a town not far from Dulut' that has a paper mill...

Reply to
Don Foreman

Good rust work laughs at salt, scoffs it with scornful immunity. What's left of riceburners returns to origin to be recycled yet again.

Two '95 Ford Contours and one '97 Chevy pickup, in MN metro salt country, zero rust. Zero. None. Zip. Nada. Tits condx.

The Japs definitely get the nod for high-mileage in short time in benign environments.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I'd noticed, Michael. Just commenting that salt is no stranger to those folks. Care to venture a guess where they get it? (Hint: One of the features of Utah seen on a map is the Great Salt Lake).

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

You got it. The new ride will be sized to pull a BIG BOAT. Still in my future, but you got to hope and plan. Biggest issue is where to put it the rest of the year.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Gee, Harold, I'm not stupid. :(

All you have to do is drive to the coastline in Florida to cause salt damage to your car or truck.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sorry----didn't mean to imply you're stupid----it's just that it may not be obvious to everyone that the Great Salt Lake, a body of water that supports almost no life, has considerable value. With you living in Florida, I thought, perhaps, you were not aware.

Ok-----lets try this from a different perspective. Do you have any idea of the magnitude of the mining that goes on in the Great Salt Lake? Salt is but one of the many things produced.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Going there in early Feb.. '96 I got to see the snow clearing fleet owned by the state of Georgia out on I-75, one snow plow and two road graders. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Too_Many_Tools wrote in news:e42e2a3c-20bd-48ac- snipped-for-privacy@b1g2000pra.googlegroups.com:

Tell 'em to put a $1,000 per ticket tax on Football Game Tickets.

It'll take the Liberal Politicians at least half a day to figger out how to waste all of that money.

Reply to
Eregon