Chevy drain plug

I can't find the original thread, but I happened to be changing the oil in my Silverado pick-up yesterday and I remembered there was some discussion about whether the drain plugs were actually magnetic or just looked like they should be magnetic (lol). There was no "fuzz" on it when I removed it, but it stuck nicely to the frame of the truck... powerful enough to hold it's own weight, at least. The magnet is actually a separate insert that spins freely on the end of the plug, swaged in, I guess. It also has a nice rubber o-ring type seal in a recess so you can't squash it by over-tightening the plug... it really seems like a good design. This is my second Silverado pick-up and they both have this plug, so I assume it's the stock plug. There's probably only one person that cares, if the OP is even around any more... but while I had it out, I took a picture of it:

David Courtney