VW Jetta oil pan

I have my VW Jetta oil pan damage on the thread of the drain hole and leaking motor oil. I decide to use a larger bolt and re-tap the thread, instead of replacing the oil pan.

leung.h

motor oil. I decide to use a larger bolt and re-tap the thread, instead of replacing the oil pan.

I hope the replacement drain plug was of the magnetic type.

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There used to be a replacement drain plug available that was designed to self tap in place of the original lost or buggered drain plug. Had a smaller drain plug in the middle of it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

There's a threadless plug. It's a hollow Neoprene shaft. When you insert the tool in the end, it stretches to a small enough diameter to slide into the pan. When you remove the tool; it returned to its bulbus shape, sealing against the inside and outside of the hole.

Reply to
David Lesher

AWFULL things. They do work, for a while - but I've never liked or trusted them long term. A PROPER fix is almost as quick and simple.

Reply to
clare

It's Al, Larry JR Dweller in the cellar

motor oil. I decide to use a larger bolt and re-tap the thread, instead of replacing the oil pan.

Reply to
JR North

Very good use of your metalworking machines. Your other projects are interesting too.

Reply to
Wild_Bill