Chicago area oil recycling service ?

Back in the day, I only changed oil in my car and my deep fryer. The used vegetable oil went in the garbage and the used motor oil went into a milk
jug which the village picked up.
Now I've got used coolant, used lubricating oil for my machines, and used motor oil. Is there a company that will give me a 55 gallon drum, and then pick it up when I call them (ie. not on a weekly or biweekly basis). Does such a company exist? Is there one in the Chicago area?

then
Maybe find somebody has a waste oil burning furnace........
--

SVL

AL wrote:

There's an outfit here called January Transport. They may be a national company. Look in the yellow pages under oil for others.
Good Luck
--
John L. Weatherly
MacGyver Industrial Technologies

Call the lube (LOF) places around you and ask who picks up their used oil. Or look in the Jello Pages for waste oil companies. Some should be nearby.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends -- http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --

If I was throwing out vegetable oil in any great quantity I would be seriously looking into a biodiesel setup. Run your car for free. Can't help you with anyone who picks up oil in Chicago though. Sorry.
Fraser
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:52:12 +0800, "Fraser Johnston"

Try Safety Kleen. They have a Chicago location, I believe. I know they recycle used oil, solvents, and glycol as they stink up the air around Waterloo Regional International Airport at Breslau ( Ontario) on a regular basis. You may need to transport to their collection facility or pay for pickup of small quantities (less than 200 Gallons)