Cincinnati mill

Hi I was hoping to find someone to help me rewire my 1955 Cincinnati
toolmaster mill it is currently wired 440. I have not been able to find
local help in this matter and talking to the tec dept at Cincinnati the
only spects for this mill are for a french machine. Thay can't be sure
that it will apply to my machine.And at the cost of 25.00 just for the
schamic im not sure I want there info.Any one up to it?
thanks David Masters
Reply to
dave
Have you taken off the cover plate to see if there might be a diagram underneath? How many and what kind of numbering scheme do you see in the junction box?
dave wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
There are quite a few variations of the Toolmaster mill. I owned one that had the double-knuckle universal head with the motor inside the turret ram and pancake motors on the x and y feeds. The motors were single voltage only and required transformers to run on 240V.
I don't know about those with the Bridgeport type head. Which type is your machine? Data off the motor nameplates?
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
On 25 Apr 2006 08:32:22 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "dave" quickly quoth:
For $10k, I'll send my man out there tomorrow.
(Hey, Gunner, wanna make $5k for a couple days' work?)
Reply to
Larry Jaques
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:01:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:
Wait'll I get the cash in hand and, oh yeah, the address.