Clocks

If twelve midnight is the middle of the night, and twelve midday is the middle of the day, is six o'clock day or night?

Reply to
Anthony

Hi,

- TIRED!

- At 6 AM or 6 PM, I'm commuting! So, either I'm just waking up (might still be asleep) OR on the way back home, just about going to sleep, so you guys give me lots of room while I'm driving! {;^)

- Kurt {:{ ========== re:

Clocks Group: rec.crafts.metalworking Date: Thu, Oct 16, 2003, 3:47am (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@email.com (Anthony) If twelve midnight is the middle of the night, and twelve midday is the middle of the day, is six o'clock day or night?

Reply to
(

Anthony wrote: If twelve midnight is the middle of the night, and twelve midday is the middle of the day, is six o'clock day or night? ^^^^^^^^^^ I'd say it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

No

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

After much anguish and consideration, "make it a cheeseburger".

(Thanks, Lyle!)

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

One of each....

Reply to
Bob Robinson

I would use a theory of time momentum from temporal physics. Call 6 in the morning day since within the accuracy of your thought process it would take time to realize that its 6 in the morning and then when you checked to see if its morning or night it would be morning.

Using the theory of the necessary balance of the universe 6 in the evening must be night.

O'course if you are one of these revisionist history people you might see thing different at different times in the future. Since today is tomorrows yesterday what seems like 6 in the morning might be 6 in the evening.

Reply to
Alpinekid

Make it a cheeseburger without the cheese. My favorite when they ask if I want cheese.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Could be either. Is the time Daylight Savings time or Standard? What season of the year? What latitude? In other words, it is day when the Sun is above the horizon. It is night when the Sun has set. The clock doesn't define day or night, the Sun's position does.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Neil says:

And I say YES!!

Reply to
Brian Lawson

It's the difference between night and day. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

While your statement may have merit, I think it should be debated.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Not to break up your philosophical debate, or anything, but here's an answer to the original question. I've seen a couple of nice looking clocks made over at CNCZone. Here's a link to one of them.

Enjoy!

Reply to
bpryor

Its mid morning and mid evening, depending on the price of cheesecake in Shanghai.

Gunner

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Reply to
Gunner

Blueberry topping, after the cheeseburger, please.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Allright you meatballs, quit this nonsense.

Yer making me hungry!!

Jim

jim rozen

I was going to quit, but got mustard out. I relish this conversation. |Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

I'm starting to flounder...maybe I'll ketchup...these sole-searching questions...Ah, Baloney! I say... time to head down the pike...

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns