CNC Plasma cutting table made by a defunct company

According to (for example) the M30 is positioned ok. The M98 P1234 L5 line says to call subroutine O1234 five times. The four G1's in the subroutine should draw a square. The M99 returns from subroutine. After five passes around the square at 1000 IPM (*) the M30 ends the program. (*) says that F1000 would set feed rate to 1000 units per minute. I don't know if it matters whether the F code appears before the G20 which sets length units to inches.

If the router cannot actually move 1000 IPM and is running open loop (vs with encoders) it might look like it's drawing a circle as new destination coordinates are commanded before it gets to current destination. The total distance commanded is 80 inches (ie, 5 passes * 4 sides * 4 inches/side) which should take 0.08 seconds at 1000 IPM. Programming a slower speed, like 10 IPM, might make it easier to tell what's going on.

Reply to
James Waldby

Damn..you are right. I missed the F1000 as well.

There is G code..and G code.

Gunner

-- The essential differences between liberals and conservtives is that liberals could not exist without conservtives to defend their freedom and support them economicaly.

Conservatives on the other hand, can exist and live quite well without liberals."

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks, James. I'll try it at 100, 25, and 10ipm to see if that fixes it.

Mach3 said the machine probably wouldn't be able to do it, but it would self-adjust. If this fixes it, I'll be sure to give them feedback on it.

-- The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will. -- J. Arthur Thomson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hello, CR electronics machines were drive by different software; old machines had a software Plasma 2 running under msdos; recent machines had Wincam or Winplasma nesting software. I developed several solution to interface CR electronics cnc with other sofware or to replace Wincam Winplasma program. Further info to request at: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Fabrizio