coastbilt 8" outside caliper with micro adjustment screw.

Fun and games with search engines. Entered coastbilt 8" outside caliper with micro adjustment screw add -digital -micrometer

so of course, the first things are micrometers, digital, electronic displays, and no way to say "nope, nope, nope, nope, not even close".

Arrgh.

Anyway I managed to break the adjustment thingie. I gather when they said "micro adjust" they really mean "micro". Wondering if parts are available. The Company is listed as suspended by the state of California.

Me thinks I'd be best served by keeping an eye open at the hock shops.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

There's one on Ebay right now for ~$27 shipped:

and a few more using this search:

Leon Fisk

Leon Fisk snipped-for-privacy@gmail.invalid on Thu, 29 Dec 2022 13:27:14 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Thanks.

As I said to my wife "I need this for what?" I mean 'exactly' and 'precisely?" So it is not a high priority for me. At least for now.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

As I said to my wife "I need this for what?" I mean 'exactly' and 'precisely?" So it is not a high priority for me. At least for now. pyotr filipivich

---------------------------- I used my large Brown & Sharpe calipers to rough a 6" backplate to fit a 5" chuck, since it maneuvered around the toolpost more easily than the dial calipers. For roughing a broken micro adjust wouldn't matter.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

"Jim Wilkins" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com on Thu, 29 Dec 2022 19:25:25

Oh yes. checking the ones I have "this is not the broken ones! Now, what happened to those? Does it matter?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich