Coil Hoses - revisited

Well, after much ado I finally broke down and ordered some reinforced polyurethane coil hoses today. Here's hoping they last me many years.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:mnkKs.33557 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.iad:

Better than the nylon ones, which harden and crack in a year or two.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Indeed they do. If anyone would like free samples of nylon ones that have failed..I have several hundred feet of bits and pieces available for simply postage.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Maybe what it's used for and how it's stored. My nylon one is about 18 years old an no sign of any problems.

Reply to
David Billington

Is that the yellow crap? CROM, I hated those. I caution people who I see standing in line (at HD or HF) with them to avoid them. The one I had cracked and whipped into my face. Had it hit higher, it would have taken my eye out.

Now I use this in the shop and on my air pig:

I still have larger hose for the 1/2" impact and CP air chisel which need a lot more air. But stapler/nailers & blow guns use the 1/4" just fine.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thats entirely possible. My environment runs from the mid 30Fs to

110F, with humidity being in the 80% during the cool months and down around 18% in the hot months

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Gunner fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It also depends a lot upon how much moisture is in your air supply. Nylon is notoriously capable of absorbing water, and doing so changes its mechanical characteristics.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I drain about a gallon a month from the tanks

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner