Today's Metalworking Content

Next to zero.

I can't do it all.

Step it up.

Reply to
jon_banquer

Why doesn't this group have a moderator to keep all the posts that don't belong out. I almost never even look here anymore because its a waste of my time. I don't need to come here to read or hear what any of the paranoid nuts have to say. I've worked with at least one at every job i've had for the last 20 years

Reply to
Butter

It isn't a moderated newsgroup. It can't be changed into a moderated newsgroup. That is done at the time the group was created. Create a moderated metalworking newsgroup & see how active it is, if it is even propagated on enough NNTP servers to have an audience. Start a private forum, then kick off everyone you don't like, until it isn't worth paying the hosting fees.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Next to zero.

I can't do it all.

Step it up.

Reply to
Jonathan Banquer

Hopefully, Google can do something -- it's a great group and I'm a hypocrite because I got caught up in responding to some of the crap myself.

NO MORE.

Politics and Religion are a waste of time.

Metalworking, industrial arts (or any interest) are not.

I will say one thing -- (and I don't mean to stir it up) -- both sides are guilty but there is a real prevalence for one side's point of view -- I think we know which side does MOST of the original posts.

I may be wrong, but I think it's obvious.

Reply to
mkr5000

ite because I got caught up in responding to some of the crap myself.

e guilty but there is a real prevalence for one side's point of view -- I t hink we know which side does MOST of the original posts.

There is not enough effort being made to post metalworking content. The newsgroup has lost its focus and balance is gone.

Reply to
Jonathan Banquer

it all started with the wacko leftists like tmt cross-posting. Now RCM is just in the litany of NG's to spam by said leftists and they keep attracting more of the scum. It's just a matter of filter maintenance.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

PatheticmachinsT was my latest entry.

Reply to